Engineered wood flooring is very popular and it is easy to see why.
Here are some of the benefits of engineered wood flooring:
- – It realy looks like real wood. When engineered wood was first introduced, it was considered to be the poor relation to solid wood, but not today. A good quality engineered wood floor is the key to that chahge.
- – It can be refinished. Yo can do this to protect the engineered flooring and make it look like new again.
- – It can be sanded. Though the number of times depends on the thickness of the lamella or top layer, engineered wood can be re-sanded during its lifetime. Thus you can bring the floor back to life.
- – It is very durable. Engineered wood flooring is made up of layers and layers of plywood that are bonded together, before being topped off with a solid wood lamella or top layer. The boards are extremely tough and will stand up in both domestic and commercial environments.
- – It doesn’t expand and contract to the same extent as solid wood. This means that it is safe to lay in environments where solid wood would risk damage.
- – It’s easy to work and quick to lay. Engineered wood flooring lends itself perfectly to a good professional installation.
- – It has a reasonable price.
- – It lends itself to wider boards. The core boards are made of plywood so the boards can be made much, much wider than solid wood flooring without a big budget. So you are able to find two or three strip engineered wood flooring that will allow you to have fewer joins across your floor and install your floor very quickly.
- – It comes in chevron and parquet look. This means that you can buy boards that already have your desired finished style in place.
You are welcome to share your opinion here.